It seems sometimes like Summer slips by all too quickly. But if you can find fresh plums, you can capture those summertime flavors anytime with this Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash.
Sweet, tart and as refreshing as a summer breeze, this delicious cocktail recipe combines the flavor of lemonade with the rich sweet depth of plum nectar and maple syrup. Add in the smoky, spicy tones of whiskey and you’ve got yourself a drink with some sophistication, too.
Serving a Plum Whiskey Smash
This colorful drink is dressed up for the party in shades of pink and yellow. It looks right at home in any spring or summer gatherings, from parties to potlucks. The festive colors look great on Valentine’s Day and this cocktail can even make a nice alternative at Mother’s Day brunch for those who aren’t a fan of mimosas.
This Plum Citrus Whiskey is so pretty and delicious, I bet you’ll be thinking up all kinds of great times to serve it!
And while you have the bottle of whiskey or bourbon out, why not try some more yummy cocktails like these:
- Whisky Cherry Coke Smash with Crown Royal
- Granty Burn Old Fashioned
- Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
- Star Fruit and Pineapple Mint Julep
- Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade
- Blueberry Whiskey Buck
- Boozy Bourbon Iced Coffee
Ingredients you need to make Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash
- 2 plum wedges
- 1/2 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 oz whiskey
- 2 oz Plum nectar juice
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Plum slices, lemon slices and mint for garnish
How to make a Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash
- Muddle the plum, and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the whiskey, plum nectar, and 3-4 pieces of ice and shake.
- Add plum wedges, sliced lemons and mint for garnish.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Print and Save the Recipe
Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash
- Cutting Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- Citrus Squeezer
- Muddling Stick
- 2 Plum Wedges
- 1/2 oz Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 2 oz Plum Nectar Juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Plum Slices, Lemon Slices, and Mint For Garnish
- Muddle the plum and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker. (To muddle means to press the ingredients (plum pieces) against the side of the cocktail shaker or glass with a muddler.)
- Add the whiskey, plum nectar, and 3-4 pieces of ice. Shake.
- Add plum wedges, sliced lemons, and mint for garnish.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash recipe. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #champagneandcoconuts on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.a