Something that immediately comes to mind when I think about fall is cinnamon apples. I just can’t get enough of delicious caramel apple goodness, so it won’t come as a surprise that I love to combine cinnamon and apples in cocktail and mocktail recipes. It’s like an apple pie drink! And these two flavors come together brilliantly in a Moscow mule. So we’ve made some delish cinnamon apple spiced mule shots.
Enjoy an Apple Cinnamon Moscow Mule – as an edible shot!
Cinnamon Apple Mule Shots are perfect to serve at parties where you want a statement making signature cocktail. Serving these shots in the apples is really quite stunning and makes for a lovely tablescape. I suggest lining them up on a long platter in rows. Whether you are planning a fall brunch, a Halloween party, or even for Thanksgiving, these shots go with a variety of menus and party themes.
Cinnamon Apple Spice Mule Shots are perfect for fall
We love serving this drink for seasonal events and they look stunning lined up in a row on a platter. If you’re making some of these and need another drink to enjoy along with it, why not try some of our other Moscow Mule recipes?
Or if you’re looking for some other delicious apple drinks, we think you’ll enjoy these cocktail and mocktail recipes too:
- Sparkling Apple Martini with Prosecco
- Cran Apple Smash
- Caramel Apple Sangria
- Tuaca Apple Pie Cocktail
- Mulled Apple Cider Cocktails
What you need to make a Moscow Mule
Moscow Mules are typically served in a copper mug as the metallic copper flavor gives a bit of zing and complements the flavor. But in this case, we’re going with the apple theme and making shot glasses – out of apples!
And you can mix this drink up and serve it in a traditional mule cup or shot glass, but why not have some fun with it? The apple shot glasses are easy to make and add a lot of fun to your drinking experience. However, the copper mule mugs are gorgeous and make great gifts!
I used a Sea Salt and Caramel syrup I picked up at HomeGoods in my recipe. I’ve not been able to find the same one online, but I find that substituting a quality salted caramel syrup tastes just as good.
You will need these tools:
- a sharp knife – I’m using a Santoku knife
- a melon baller or small scoop
- a mixing glass with a pouring spout
You will need these ingredients:
- Jordan’s Apple Spice Moscow Mule
- Salted Caramel Syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Lemon Juice, optional
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
How to prepare your apples for Cinnamon Apple Spiced Mule Shots
First of all you want to select apples that are large enough to carve and don’t have any nicks or bruises. I like the ones that are about the size of the palm of my hand. Secondly, you want to look for apples that when they rest on a flat surface, they are relatively level.
To make the shot glasses, you will begin by slicing off the top of the apple. You can make your slice level to hold more of the beverage, or you can slice it on a slight angle if you want it to have a bit more style.
Then you will remove the core and hollow out the apple leaving about a 1/4″ of apple all the way around. You’ll want to make sure that you do not hollow the apple too much; if the apple is too thin, it could leak.
If you are making these ahead of time, you will want to coat the apple in lemon juice to prevent browning.
Then dip the top of the apple in caramel syrup. Then dip the top of the apple in cinnamon sugar and set aside.
Making the cinnamon apple spiced mules
In a mixing glass, mix your vodka and apple spiced mule mix. Stir well. Pour it into your apples, garnish with your cinnamon stick, and enjoy! The drink tastes delicious, and the apple will infuse some of the flavors and will be yummy to eat after finishing your drink.
Make it a mocktail!
Yes, you can make a mocktail version of our caramel apple spiced mules. There are two ways you can do this:
- Simply omit the vodka because the mule mixer tastes wonderful on its own.
- Use spiced apple cider or mulled cider in place of the vodka and the mule mixer.
For more delicious fall flavor, you may enjoy some of our infused bourbon. Yum! Both of these are made in the Instant Pot too. Try our Instant Pot Pumpkin Spiced Bourbon and our Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Cider Bourbon too. So good!
try it and share!
Save or print the recipe
Cinnamon Apple Spiced Mule Shots
- 2 Apples arge and hollowed out
- 3 oz Jordan's Apple Spice Moscow Mule Mix
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Caramel Syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar to rim your drink
- Lemon Juice optional
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks garnish
To Create Your Apple Shot Glasses
- Select large apples that rest level on a flat surface.
- Slice off the top of the apple.
- Hollow out the apple using a melon baller or small scoop. Leave at least 1/4" of apple all the way around. Make sure that you have not pierced the apple's skin.
- Optional: If you are making these ahead of time, coat the apple in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Dip the rim of the apple in caramel syrup. Then dip the top of the apple in cinnamon and sugar.
Mixing the Caramel Apple Spiced Mule Shots
- In a mixing glass, mix your vodka and apple ginger spiced mule mix. Stir well.
- Pour it into your apples, garnish with your cinnamon stick, and enjoy!