The Black Eyed Susan cocktail is full of bright citrus flavor. Refreshing to drink and beautiful to look at, this drink also has a rather wonderful claim to fame. It is the official drink of the Preakness Stakes – one of the three horseraces that make up the famous Triple Crown.
Whiskey and Vodka blend perfectly in the Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
My favorite thing about the Black-Eyed Susan is how easy it is to make. Simply put ice in a pitcher, pour in the ingredients, stir, and garnish with fresh fruit. You can whip up a batch of this stuff in no time flat, but it’s nice enough to serve to guests at every occasion.
This cocktail looks and tastes like sunshine. It’s the perfect boozy beverage for summer or autumn events, or anytime you are in the mood for tropical flavors.
The Black Eyed Susan is the official drink of the Preakness Stakes
The Black Eyed Susan is related to the Preakness the same way a Mint Julep is to the Kentucky Derby. To round out the Triple Crown of racing drinks, the Belmont Jewel is the official drink of the Belmont Stakes. The Belmont also loves their Long Island Ice Teas.
Of course, if you are cheering on the thoroughbreds as they run for the Black-Eyed Susans in the Preakness, this drink simply must be on the menu. You don’t want to jinx the race, right?
Whether you’re making this drink for a party to watch the races or for anytime, there’s no reason not to include some delicious drinks. Some drink recipes that compliment the black eyed susan are:
- Star Fruit and Pineapple Mint Julep
- Whisky Cherry Coke Smash with Crown Royal
- Granty Burn Old Fashioned
- Sunflower Spritz Vodka Cocktail
- Blackberry Peach Vodka Cocktail
Ingredients you need to make a Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
Makes 1 medium size pitcher or 2 8-oz glasses
- 4 1/2 Oz Vodka
- 3 Oz Crown Royal Whisky
- 6 Oz Pulp-free Orange juice
- 6 Oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- Sliced oranges and Limes for garnish
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries for garnish
How to make a Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
- Fill pitcher 1/2 way with ice
- Pour in the vodka, whisky, orange juice and sweet and sour mix
- Stir to combine
- Pour into 2 8oz tall glasses and garnish with cherries, orange slices or lime slices
Print and Save the Recipe
Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
- Cutting Board
- Beverage Glasses
- 4 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Crown Royal Whisky
- 6 oz Pulp-Free Orange Juice
- 6 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- Sliced Oranges and Limes For Garnish
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries For Garnish
- Fill pitcher 1/2 way of ice.
- Pour in the vodka, whisky, orange juice, and sweet and sour mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into 2 8 oz tall glasses and garnish with cherries, orange slices or lime slices.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Black Eyed Susan Cocktail recipe. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #champagneandcoconuts on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.a